By using our website, you are accepting the practices we describe here.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
What information we collect
When you visit Rocksaga.com, you provide us with two types of information: personal information that identifies you (such as your name and email address) and non-personal information (such as your IP address and browser type) that does not identify you personally, but gives us information about your computer and about your activities on our site. This information includes your IP address, your browser type, the date and time you access the site, and the website that referred you to our site. We also collect and store information from your computer using “cookies.” A cookie is a small file stored on your computer that is tied to information about you. For example, when you sign in to your Rock Saga account, cookies will be used to save your email address and name so the next time you visit your Rock Saga account from the same computer we will “remember” your email address and name in order to make your experience faster and simpler.
If you buy ticket or merchandise on our website, we will collect financial information from you (your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.).
From time to time, we also may ask you some questions about yourself (such as your interests and activities, your age, etc.) so we know how to serve you better. You don’t have to answer these questions if you’d rather not.
Finally, we also may receive information about you from third parties (such as updated delivery and address information, purchase history and additional demographic information), and we may allow third parties to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about people who view or interact with their advertisements on our site. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and judge their effectiveness. We do not provide any personal information about you to these third parties.
Some of these third parties may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a website to opt out of ad targeting from several advertising companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
We protect your information
We know it is very important to protect the information you share with us. We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard this information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access your personal information, and they may do so only for limited reasons. We also encrypt credit card numbers and other sensitive information before it is sent from your computer to ours. We also use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
You should feel confident using our website. However, no system can be completely secure. Although we take very significant steps to secure your information, there is always a chance that your information will not always remain secure, and you should always take great care in handling and disclosing your personal information. For example, avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
How we use your information
In general, we may use information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- to process payment for purchases or sales you make
- to deliver the products and services you request
- to enroll you in programs in which you choose to participate
- to manage your account and provide you with customer service
- to perform research and analyze your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content (or products, services or content offered by others on our website)
- to communicate with you by e-mail, regular mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our affiliated companies or other third parties
- to help us develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our website and other websites
- to verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect against or identify fraudulent transactions
- to generally manage our business
- to perform other functions, which we will describe to you at the time we collect the information
When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States.
Sharing your information
We won’t share your personal information with anyone except for the situations listed below or unless we specifically inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of our sharing your personal information.
We may share your personal information with:
- Authorized service providers.
Our authorized service providers are companies that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analyses, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features we offer. These service providers may have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions, but we do not allow them to share or use any of your personal information for any other purpose.
- Rock Saga affiliates.
We may share information we collect, including personal information, with affiliated businesses.
- Business partners.
When you make a purchase or participate in a promotion, we may share your personal information with the merchants offering the products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. We won’t share your personal information with these businesses unless you choose to participate in their offer or program. When you choose to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to share your email address and other information with the relevant merchant.
- Other Situations.
We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We may share your non-personal information in any of the above circumstances. Also, we may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for general business analysis purposes. For example, we may provide our advertisers with the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information. It may be used to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our website and on websites of third parties.
Your choices about your personal information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information. However, that may result in your not being able to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order to use those features. For example, in order to open a Rock Saga account, purchase or participate in a contest, promotion or sweepstakes, your personal information will be required.
Blogs, bulletin boards, reviews and chat rooms
Also, whenever you disclose personal information publicly (such as on publicly viewable web pages), that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited email messages. We can’t control who reads your posting or what others may do with information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to use your discretion with respect to posting personal information.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 16.
Visiting our website from outside the United States
U.S. data protection and other laws may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected.
How to contact us
Thanks again for using Rocksaga.com!
© Rock Saga 2010. All rights reserved.